Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year...a New Normal...All aboard!

Life has brought many changes.  Crissy and the kids moved out, Shawna made her home in Italy, my Dad died, Crissy and her babies moved away and most recently the loss of my Mom, my last parent. Randy and I now will begin a life as a couple - just the two of us, finding us.  Being a people pleaser and especially a parent pleaser, this is a brand new journey.  In a sense, a time for being just me.  I guess the me I was meant to be.  The person God created.  Not sure where this is leading and it's kind of exciting and yet scary.  I'm too old, really, for new but who knows, maybe God's plan was for "such a time as this".  


To my daughters:  be your own person.  Live God's plans and not mine.  Make his dreams your dreams and his plans your plans.  Remember that a plan is a beginning and a process.  Stay the course.  It may not make sense at times but stay on track.  Just like a train, you can't jump off the track and expect a smooth journey and to reach your desired destination. He knows the turns, the hills and the valleys and what is just around each bend.  You can trust him.  He wants to prove that to you. 


Today was a crummy day but tomorrow doesn't have to be.  So, here goes.  God, I'm putting my hand in yours. (big breath) This train is leaving the station.

No comments: